News out of Victoria, British Columbia, 100 years ago today.
More of the same in Europe. A Belgian town recovered, German losses and advances in France, Russian advances, it is hard to keep track of what's going on.
• Fighting in Africa
• The world "attrition" appears for the first time that I've noticed
• Saskatchewan brings a knife to the gun-fight
• An editorial about the scale of the war
• Germans and Austro-Hungarians are ordered to register in Victoria.
• The White Star Line H.M.S. Oceanic is wrecked