News out of Victoria, British Columbia, 100 years ago today.
Not much new to fill out the Sunday edition today.
• A more in-depth report of the British attack on the German naval fortress of Heligoland that was first reported yesterday
• A two page map of Europe, presumably filler.
• Some news on troop movements into northwest France
• News that more Canadians will be shipping out, and calls for more volunteers
• More German atrocities tossed in here and there
• Interesting advice for men regarding "Mercenary Girlfriends" in the Sunday pull-out.
• Really interesting casual mention of how the Vikings "discovered America centuries before Columbus" - remembering that this paper is from 1914 and L'Anse aux Meadows, Newfoundland was not discovered until 1960.