The Daily Colonist, October 4, 1914
« previous next »
#dailycolonist1914 - News out of Victoria, British Columbia, 100 years ago today.
- Germans advancing on Antwerp, two of the outer forts have fallen.
- Survey of the conditions of colonies on the west coast and northern areas of Vancouver Island [including an amazing unanglicised spelling of Ucluelet: "Uchucklesit".]
- The Sunday magazine, as usual, has a wonderful summary of the weeks events in the children's section [reproduced here in six part, and as usual the writing in the "children's" section is at a literacy level far in excess of modern journalism.]
- Full page travel article on Mount Robson in the magazine section, recently made accessible by the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway.
- The usual collection of ads and advertising illustrations that caught my eye.