The Daily Colonist, August 21, 1914
« previous next »
#dailycolonist1914 - News from Victoria, British Columbia, 100 years ago today.
- Germans enter Brussels unopposed, with Belgian army retreating to defend Antwerp.
- Japanese demand that Germans vacate Tsing-Tau. Germany has two more days to reply to Japanese ultimatums.
- Editorial on the Japanese ultimatum and German territory in China
- There are "others" and then there are "others" - "Kaiser Wilhelm" is suddenly "Emperor William" again in an article where he vows to defend German territory in China.
- More tales of daring-do by French aviators
- More tales of German atrocities in Europe